What is Telehealth?
TeleHealth is changing the way we think about connecting to our health care. Telehealth is the delivery of health-related services using telecommunications and related technologies in the support of patient care, health education, and administrative activities. Telemedicine is the subset of telehealth focused on clinical services, whether clinician-to-clinician or clinician-to-patient. The future of your care is just a click away. Call us today to set your consultation to become a network partner.
Latest GPT News
- Appling HealthCare host HomeTown Health Policymaker Tour and Rural Stabilization Visit
- GPT Partners with Casa Aleluya to bring Telemedicine to Central American
- Florida Partnership for Telehealth Receives HRSA Grant to Expand Telemedicine Programs into Rural North Florida
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College deans to present at Nobel peace laureates summit
- St. Mary’s Saves Sick Rural Hospitals
- Georgia Partnership for TeleHealth Contributes to Online Telemedicine Certification Course Curriculum
Georgia Partnership for TeleHealth
Georgia Partnership for TeleHealth has become one of the most robust, comprehensive networks in the nation. GPT's experience in implementing Telemedicine includes nursing homes, school clinics, correctional facilities, specialty clinics, Emergency Departments, ICUs, TPA stroke assessments, child advocacy, education, primary and specialty care physician clinics. This statewide collaboration among policy makers, healthcare providers and patients has led to a tremendous rate of success. In January, 2013 GPT reported 136,000 patient encounters increasing from 8 patient visits in 2006 to over 75,000 in 2012. GPT now has over 350 locations with over 200 specialists, 600 healthcare partners and providers, representing over 40 specialties participating in network. Providing access to healthcare via telemedicine has proven to cut costs on travel, work time and provides earlier access to care therefore preventing the large costs of untreated healthcare problems. GPT's services and support can provide a state of the art telehealth solutions for Georgians.Contact us for more information on how to start your telemedicine program today or find a provider near you.